Terms and Conditions of Membership
If you register for membership in the Club on behalf of anyone other than yourself, you represent that you are authorized by such person to accept these Terms and Conditions on such person’s behalf, including any minor of whom you are the parent or legal guardian.
Dentegra reserves the right to revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time by updating this notice and posting it on this site. You are bound by any such revisions if you continue membership in the Club after we have posted the changes.
All references to “Dentegra Smile Club” and/or “Dentegra” include Dentegra Insurance Company.
Your use of this site for Club membership is subject to the Terms and Conditions of Dentegra.com.
Registration for Membership In the Club
Once you complete and submit the membership registration form using this website and pay any applicable membership fee, you will be a member of the Dentegra Smile Club and entitled to all membership benefits, including the right to receive dental treatment from a Dentegra dentist at fees established by contract between Dentegra and the dentist.
Member Responsibilities & Guidelines
Dentegra has established these Terms and Conditions for Club membership. Any member that violates these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to termination of membership in the Club for themselves and their family Club members. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU REGISTER. When you register for membership you agree:
- To provide true, accurate, current and complete information on the registration form.
- To not misrepresent your identity.
- To keep your email address up to date and accurate if you elect to receive your documents electronically.
- To be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password.
- To be fully responsible for all activities that occur using your user name, password, Club I.D. card or membership account.
- To immediately report any unauthorized use of your password, account or any breach of security.
- That Dentegra is not liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of a third party using your password, Club I.D. card or membership account, either with or without their knowledge.
Discounted Fees for Dental Services for Club Members
Club members are entitled to obtain dental care and treatment at established fees from any dentist who has contracted with Dentegra to provide services. THIS IS NOT HEALTH INSURANCE. Dentegra does not make any payments to the contracted dentists in connection with dental services provided to Club members. Club members are solely obligated to pay for all dental care services provided by the dentist but members enjoy the benefit of the fees established by Dentegra and the dentist for those services.
Because this is not insurance, there are no deductibles, annual plan maximums, limitations or exclusions applicable. Members select a geographically convenient Dentegra provider from the list of network dentists on this site, make an appointment, inform the dentist that he/she is a Club member and pay the dentist directly for the services rendered at the contract fee with Dentegra for the services.
When using this site to locate a Dentegra Provider from whom you can obtain treatment, you agree and/or acknowledge that;
- you are solely responsible for selecting a dentist from the list provided.
- the list of Providers is based on geographical location only.
- Dentegra does not recommend or endorse any Provider, and does not make any representations or warranties with respect to the availability of Providers or the quality of any services they may provide.
- Dentegra uses reasonable efforts to verify that Providers hold active oral health care licenses and, if applicable, certifications necessary to practice any specialty services offered. Dentegra excludes Providers who, to our knowledge, have engaged in inappropriate or unprofessional conduct. Dentegra cannot guarantee that all information provided about a particular Provider is accurate and/or current.
Your Personal Information
You may be required to pay a monthly fee to be a member of the Dentegra Club depending on where you reside1. If you are required to pay a monthly membership fee, you will only be permitted to obtain dental care services from Dentegra Dentists at contracted rates if your membership is current and your fees fully paid as of the date of treatment. Any required membership fees in the Club are payable on a month-to-month basis. If you are required to pay monthly membership fees, your Club membership will continue automatically at the fee rate applicable to your membership at that date. If you are not required to pay a membership fee, your membership in the Club will automatically continue from month-to-month until terminated in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
During the Registration process, you will be required to select a method of payment of any required membership fees. If your credit card company fails to make payment from your account, we will advise you of this. We may apply for payment by direct debit twice within one calendar month. If we are unable to receive your monthly payment, we will terminate your membership in the Club as of the date that payment was due. You may reinstate your Club membership after we terminate it if you pay all monthly payments that we have received from the date of your termination until the date of your reinstatement.
Changes to These Terms & Conditions
Dentegra may change these Terms and Conditions of Membership at any time as Dentegra reasonably deems appropriate, which changes will be effective in connection with all future transactions on and in connection with this site and your use of this site. We agree to post any amended Terms and Conditions of Membership on this site. Your continued use of the Club membership following such posting shall constitute your affirmative acknowledgement to abide and be bound by the Terms and Conditions of Membership, as amended, moving forward.
Restriction of Liability
Except as expressly stated herein, Dentegra makes no representations or warranties, either express or implied, of any kind with respect to the products sold or the services provided by the Club. Except as expressly stated herein, Dentegra expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, of any kind with respect to products sold through the Club, including but not limited to, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Dentegra its directors, officers, employees or other representatives be liable for special, indirect, consequential or punitive damages related to a product sold or service offered by the Club.
Dentegra is not liable for damage, accident, death, personal injury or other loss sustained by Club members caused by the negligence of any dentist or the negligence of the employees and agents of any dentist providing treatment or failing to provide treatment to any member, it being understood that any dentists participating in the Dentegra dental network which is provided as part of the Club membership, are independent contractors and are not agents, servants, employees or representatives of Dentegra.
Termination of Club Membership
Termination by DentegraWe may terminate your membership in the Club in the following circumstances:
- If you violate these Terms and Conditions of Membership;
- If we do not receive payment of any applicable monthly membership fee on its due date for payment, or
- If you provide us with details which you know to be false when applying for membership and the false declaration would have reasonably affected our decision to accept your membership.
Termination by youYou may terminate Club membership in the following circumstances:
- You can give us notice to terminate at any point and your membership will terminate as of the last day of the calendar month after notice was given so you will not be entitled to any refund of membership fees.
Termination of your membership will be effective as of the last day of the month that either you are terminated from membership or you provide us with notice of termination of your membership.
1 California residents are not required to pay membership fees to be a member of the Club.